[rescue] QLogic FC on Solaris 10

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue Dec 11 10:26:19 CST 2007

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 09:10:58AM +0100, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 22:04:17 -0500
> Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:
>
> > So, I'm wondering if there is any sort of easy way, short of
> > deracking the machine, to confirm that I have the 2200 instead of the
> > 2100.

> Is a reboot acceptable? Or at least a service interruption?

Both are acceptable.

> I would go to the OpenFirmWare and look at the device tree. If the card
> doesn't show up in the device tree I would strat fscking the hardware.

OK, I take it that Schneider & Koch is now SysKonnect.

{0} ok dev / ls
f00a3d80 os-io
f00866bc SUNW,UltraSPARC-II at 1,0
f0086350 SUNW,UltraSPARC-II at 0,0
f00842d4 mc at 0,0
f0081b1c rsc
f006f4c0 counter-timer at 1f,1c00
f006df04 pci at 1f,2000
f006d110 pci at 1f,4000
f0057960 associations
f00521f8 virtual-memory
f0051c18 memory at 0,0
f002db58 aliases
f002dae8 options
f002d9b0 openprom
f002d944 chosen
f002d8d4 packages
{0} ok

If I then do:
{0} ok dev /pci at 1f,2000/ ls
f009d4a0 ethernet at 1
{0} ok

I see only the card recognized as ethernet.  If I cd to that card and do
.properties, the vendor ID indicates that it is a SysKonnect, so I think
that means pci at 1f,2000 is the bus I mean to be looking at.

I guess I will have to find all of the time to go to the machine and
clear the stuff from around it to investigate further.