[rescue] QLogic FC on Solaris 10

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Tue Dec 11 02:10:58 CST 2007

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 22:04:17 -0500
Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:

> So, I'm wondering if there is any sort of easy way, short of
> deracking the machine, to confirm that I have the 2200 instead of the
> 2100.
Is a reboot acceptable? Or at least a service interruption?
I would go to the OpenFirmWare and look at the device tree. If the card
doesn't show up in the device tree I would strat fscking the hardware.
If it shows up you can cd to the device node of the card and issue a
".properties" command. There you can see the PCI IDs and these will tell
you exactly what it is. You can get a mapping from IDs to product names
e.g. here:
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/pci/pcidevs?rev=HEAD&content-
type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
--