[rescue] FS: Sonnet Cressendo G4/350

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sat Dec 1 23:14:35 CST 2007

>From: Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>Date: 2007/12/01 Sat PM 03:02:31 CST
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [rescue] FS: Sonnet Cressendo G4/350

>On Nov 27, 2007, at 3:36 PM, Peter Corlett wrote:
>
>> On 27 Nov 2007, at 18:18, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
>> [...]
>>> I have to wonder how long it'll be before things like WEEE make
>>> this a
>>> difficult proposition.
>>
>> Apparently Red Ken was proposing charging 50p/kg to householders to
>> dispose of nonrecyclable waste. At that price, it's cheaper to save up
>> 20kg of the stuff and post it to Ken's office.
>
>Idiots are trying to do the same thing in the US.  Already is like
>that in many states.
>
>One local city charges $20 per item to dispose of computer equipment.
>
>I'd go broke just tossing out the excess from routine trades and ebay
>grabs.
>
>I'm all for recycling, but why is it that the little guy has to pay
>for it, when the fat cats are the ones who are so irresponsible in the
>materials used and the fact that nothing lasts very long?
>
>In my area, it is precisely the people that really do recycle that
>have to pay the most and get the most grief over it.
>
>Really screwed up system, and looks to be getting worse.

Dell and Goodwill have a real recycling program in place, they take the
"scrap" and grind it down, no cost to the recycler (you).[0]

Office Depot takes pre-paid cardboard boxes of electronics for $5, $10 or $15
(the biggest can almost hold a 19" monitor) - you can put random electronics
in the box (i.e. circuit boards, etc.) and then scrap the actual metal chassis
at a scrapyard.

Lionel

[0]www.reconnectpartnership.com