[rescue] Cheap PCI ethernet for SPARC solaris?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun Aug 26 16:24:38 CDT 2007

>From: "Geoffrey S. Mendelson" <gsm at mendelson.com>
>Date: 2007/08/26 Sun AM 11:58:50 CDT
>To: Sun Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [rescue] Cheap PCI ethernet for SPARC solaris?

>I have a friend with an Ultra 5 who would like to add a second ethernet
>interface. When I had it, I had a 3c905 in it under Solaris 9.
>
>Unfortunately I've long since lost the pointer to the driver download
>(it was from a third party that rebadged them) and can't find the file.
>
>Does anyone either have the driver, or a suggestion for a cheap card
>that works sith Solaris SPARC 9 or 10?

Quad Ethernet cards from Sun are pretty reasonable on eBay (see: http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-of-5-Sun-PCI-Quad-fast-ethernet-cards-501-4366_W0QQitemZ320151202116QQihZ011QQcategoryZ20328QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem - lot of 5 for $25, individual cards are cheap as well) - would that be an option?

I think Google should be of help:

http://www.confusioncentral.com/ethernet/ethernet.html

http://homepage2.nifty.com/mrym3/taiyodo/eng/

http://sol-enet.sourceforge.net/