[rescue] Need Sun 3/110 RAM and Battery

M Thompson m_thompson at ids.net
Sat Aug 25 06:46:38 CDT 2007

>The latter.  I'd love to cluster across VME, but I don't know if
>it's possible.

Yes, it's possible on some VME processor boards. The VITA-19.1 and
VITA19.2 BusNet standards describe how VME it works. Each processor
board has part of it's memory and a mailbox register visible in the
VMEbus. A CPU writes a packet into another CPUs's memory and then
writes into the mailbox register. Writing into the register
interrupts the processor which then retrieves the packet.

In this case the VMEbus looks just like a network.

Force Computers demonstrated this with Solaris running on their SPARC
VME boards.

Michael Thompson