[rescue] DG AViiON kit

r.stricklin bear at typewritten.org
Fri Aug 24 16:01:30 CDT 2007

On Aug 24, 2007, at 1:06 PM, Carl R. Friend wrote:

>> I've made it available:
>> http://www.belgers.com/DGUX_4.30.tar.bz2
>
>     Cool.  That looks like a different version.  I've
> snarked it, and will cook up a CD or two come Monday.

I downloaded a copy of what Walter has offered.

DG/UX 4.3 is contemporary with the first generation of AViiON systems
circa approximately 1990, and unlikely to support the 8500 (though it
may). DG/UX 5.4 was released alongside the AV8000 in 1991.

Also, it's in QIC150 format---which, to answer part of SMJ's
question, does not support variable size blocks: 512-byte blocks
only---so burning it to a CD wouldn't get you booting anything. (@:

5.4R3.10 (the version I sent) is definitely capable of running on the
8500.

ok
bear