[rescue] Sun 3's... was Re: Need Sun 3/110 RAM and Battery

Fri Aug 24 14:46:08 CDT 2007

>> [clustering multiple -3/60 boards in a -3/260 cardcage]
> A friend had a similar idea with Sun ELC boards. They are small, one
> of the fastest sun4c machines and need only 5 V @ 2 A. (+-12 V is
> needed for serial ports and the Ethernet transceiver only.)

What about -5?  The power supply feeds them -5V as well; what's that
there for?

Also, if you drop 112V, then it seems to me as though all your
communication with the world outside the machine is dead, and how could
you cluster them then?  SCSI networking?

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca