[rescue] Need Sun 3/110 RAM and Battery

Mr Ian Primus ian_primus at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 24 12:24:10 CDT 2007

--- Sandwich Maker <adh at an.bradford.ma.us> wrote:

> " From: Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com>
> "
> " I'm trying to get as many 4/600MP boards as I can
> get my hands on.  I
> " want to put a whole bunch of them in an 80-series
> chassis, which I also
> " haven't found yet.
>
> curious - what are you going to do with them,
> multi-multiprocessor?
> network-in-a-cage?
>
> which reminds me - i've idly wondered for many years
> what the maximum
> ram a 4/600 supports.  i know of 512M on the board +
> 1 1G vme card.
> is that it?

I don't know - that would be interesting to find out.
I'm looking for a VME 30 pin memory board for my
4/690, but I think Sridhar is ahead of me :).

I was under the impression that the max you could get
on one of the expansion boards was like 768 though.
Don't they have 48 slots? (48 x 16mb 30 pin SIMMs,
good luck finding 16mb SIMMS though!)

-Ian