[rescue] SGI Impact 10000

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sun Aug 19 21:08:28 CDT 2007

On Aug 19, 2007, at 10:01 PM, Kevin wrote:

> Indeed, they're both here next to me (Crimson and Power parts
> machine).
>
> With my move to Japan coming up, i'm having a tough time deciding
> between
> finding them a good home or storing them at my mother's house for
> three
> years. Taking them to Japan is NOT an option due to both shipping
> cost and
> space requirements in Japan.  Although, i'll probably wish i, at
> least, had
> the Crimson with me in the middle of the Osaka winter :P
>
> /KRM

I'm so glad someone got some use out of it.  It was costing me way
too much money in electricity to run.  Of course I have no idea how
much it really pulled since I was going on what the landlady told
me.  I now get my own electricity bills.  When I was running a
Proliant 6400, two SCSI shelves, a NetApp FC9, and an RS/6000 F50, I
was pulling 33% on my Matrix 3000 (1 bat).  I was getting 4-500$
power bills in the height of summer.  I went down to just the FC9 and
my RS/6000 B80 and was doing about $380.  It should go down because
my FC9 had a failed disk and so I've powered the shelf off and I'm
using the B80 for plain DNS until I move.  The FC9 looks like it
sucked as much power as the B80 itself.

Andrew