[rescue] SGI Impact 10000

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Fri Aug 17 06:39:54 CDT 2007

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 13:59:55 -0700
"Sheldon T. Hall" <shel at tandem.artell.net> wrote:

> So, the last time I installed IRIX, on an O2, I just shoved disks at
> it like a monkey.
I copied all IRIX disks to individual directories on an external SCSI
disk. Now I have to boot from the installation tools CD, mount the
external SCSI disk by hand and then I point the instaler to the
directories. It is smart enough to sort out all the stuff. Once the sets
are selected and conflicts are resolved it just installs from the
external SCSI disk without any further interaction. I am sure you can do
the same with a (EFS formated?) DVD.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen