[rescue] Historical Note - BayStack 350-24T Password Reset

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Thu Aug 9 16:29:06 CDT 2007

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 12:11:46 -0500 (CDT), Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Exactly. I have gotten fed-up with my Linksys "home" router/switch
> and plan on graduating to a more "robust" solution. The Linksys
> WAP/Router is running the latest "public" Sveasoft software, but it
> still seems to wedge on a monthly basis. I could upgrade the software

Not to discourage you from getting into a more robust solution, but the
Linksys router should be more stable than that. I'm running the Tomato
firmware (and DD-WRT before that; the switch was because DD-WRT was too
helpful with SIP and confused Truphone) and it certainly doesn't lock
up on a monthly basis. I have a feeling that it reboots for no good
reason every 3 months or so, but that happens so quickly I don't think
I've ever noticed except looking at the uptime.

It could be that there's something wrong with your hardware though.