[rescue] Historical Note - BayStack 350-24T Password Reset

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Aug 9 13:43:00 CDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 12:11:46PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Exactly. I have gotten fed-up with my Linksys "home" router/switch and
> plan on graduating to a more "robust" solution. The Linksys WAP/Router is
> running the latest "public" Sveasoft software, but it still seems to
> wedge on a monthly basis. I could upgrade the software on it, but I think
> I'll just run it as a WAP and maybe play around with the Vyatta "open
> source" router on a low-end, low-power PC and a nice, big 24 port switch
> instead...

Try DD-WRT on the Linksys, if it's supported.  I went from being a paid
Sveasoft customer, to a donating DD-WRT user, and was VERY happy with it
for a year and a half or so.

I eventually moved my network to have an Airport Extreme (802.11n version)
as the core router, with an Airport Express as the "bridge node" in the
other room, linking both rooms via wireless so I didn't have to run Cat5
down the hallway.  Eventually I'll replace the Express with another 802.11n
Extreme.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford