[rescue] Historical Note - BayStack 350-24T Password Reset

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Wed Aug 8 23:10:05 CDT 2007

Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Today was the weekly Princeton University surplus sale, and my "haul" today was a BayStack 350-24T switch for $5.

> Now that I've got it - anyone have any exp. with it? Seems like a pretty decent switch, esp. at $5 ;^)

We had 4 or more of these back in my ISP days.  We didn't do any VLANing
with
those (we did with our Core Cisco switches, just not the Baystacks).

We did have one go south... I think it was still covered at the
time....  other than that
we never had a problem with them.

I wouldn't hesitate if someone was selling one of these for $5....  they
worked well.

I prefer Cisco because I know the interface/etc better... but I'd rather
have the
Baystack than a Linksys :-) !

-- Curt