[rescue] With all this SGI talk...

Lord Doomicus lorddoomicus at mac.com
Sat Aug 4 15:50:32 CDT 2007

On Aug 1, 2007, at 11:40 AM, Mr Ian Primus wrote:

> --- Earl Baugh <earl at baugh.org> wrote:
>
>> Reminded me of my first SGI, a Personal Iris 4D/35,
>> fully stocked,
>> which was a first for me on a Unix box (full of
>> memory, and all of the
>> graphics options)
>>
>> I enjoyed it immensely.... I would like to rescue
>> one, but haven't seen
>> any available...
>
> Yeah, same here - I've been hunting for SGI boxen
> other than the standard Indy/Octane/Indigo2 - have yet
> to turn up any earlier/bigger machines - would love to
> find one. If anyone knows of any homeless boxen... :)
>
> Similarly, I have seen very, very little in the way of
> older Unix stuffs in the last couple years. Is there
> much of this gear still around?

I has a 4D/70 GT for a short while.  I ended up trading it to someone
in Germany that needed it for a client. I got a Crimson ( YEA!! ) and
an Onyx2.  They have finally been released from customs and I should
actually have them soon.

- Derrik

Derrik Walker v2.0, RHCE
lorddoomicus at mac.com
http://www.doomd.net

 Its the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs!