[rescue] With all this SGI talk...

Mr Ian Primus ian_primus at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 10:40:01 CDT 2007

--- Earl Baugh <earl at baugh.org> wrote:

> Reminded me of my first SGI, a Personal Iris 4D/35,
> fully stocked,
> which was a first for me on a Unix box (full of
> memory, and all of the
> graphics options)
>
> I enjoyed it immensely.... I would like to rescue
> one, but haven't seen
> any available...

Yeah, same here - I've been hunting for SGI boxen
other than the standard Indy/Octane/Indigo2 - have yet
to turn up any earlier/bigger machines - would love to
find one. If anyone knows of any homeless boxen... :)

Similarly, I have seen very, very little in the way of
older Unix stuffs in the last couple years. Is there
much of this gear still around?

-Ian