[rescue] SGI IRIS 1200 in Massachusetts for $100 (eBay)

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Aug 1 01:22:26 CDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 12:05:24AM -0400, Ethan O'Toole wrote:
> Now, I'm surprised Origin 3800s aren't free.

I had a halfway-serious offer from $WORK for one about six months ago; "if
you can get this thing out of our way you can have it".

I didn't have the room, the power capability, or the desire to haul HUGE
hardware around anymore.

It ended up going to a scrapper/reseller/something, as far as I know.

At this point, I've stopped collecting all but the neatest or rarest
hardware; I just don't have room for it anymore or the time to fiddle
with it.  Exceptions might be made for a Symbolics box, one of the tiny
Crays, maybe a NeXT Cube, etc.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford