[rescue] replacing an Ultra2

Andy Wallis rawallis at panix.com
Fri Apr 27 12:51:13 CDT 2007

"Charles Shannon Hendrix talking about TRON"
>I wouldn't mind seeing more along that line, but I'm afraid >modern Hollywood
production "values" would produce
>something horrible.
There was some rumors going  around back in 2002-2004 that Disney was working
on a sequel called TRON 2.0. The leaked concept was to bring the machine world
into the Internet. My guess is that it entered  development  hell after the
budget problems with the Matrix series. I don't think the return of the comics
and fantasy movies helped either.

The DVD commentary on TRON is worth a listen. I found it ironic that the
Academy dismissed TRON because they thought the animation was all done on
computer . As I recall, most of the animation was cel-based  and very
difficult.
-Andy Wallis