[rescue] Upgrading Ultra 2

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Thu Apr 19 09:52:24 CDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 08:03:09PM -0700, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

<old pricing stuff snipped>

> And, of course, $60K was a lot more money in '95 than it is now.

Indeed.

Speaking of new prices of this old gear we like to play with, does
anyone happen to know how much a Sparcbook 3GX was when new?  Somewhere
around the cost of a small car, I guess, but all I remember from back
then was that I couldn't even dream of buying one on my own.

> I don't suppose I'll mention the depreciation curve on that stuff, either,
> but we all know it's the only reason we can afford to have the equipment we
> do.

Which is why I have the above mentioned Sparcbook now. =)

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org