[rescue] replacing an Ultra2

Mark md.benson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 10:24:43 CDT 2007

On 14 Apr 2007, at 02:04, Steve Sandau wrote:

> Basically I'd like a faster main workstation that is not PeeCee
> crap. I
> have to deal with Dells and such all too often.
>
> Suggestions or opinions?

You could buy a Mac Pro, Solaris 10 runs really nicely in Parallels
if you have sufficient RAM, as long as you don't mind sacrificing
your OpenGL support. That said OS X itself supports a large rage of
Open Source stuff so you wouldn't be totally out of it. I haven't had
success booting Solaris 10 as yet but as and when Sun start rolling
out Intel hardware then EFI support will roll out with Solaris 10 at
the same time.

I know, it wasn't what you wanted to hear, but I had to drop it in as
a very satisfied Mac Pro user :o)

*ducks*

--
Mark Benson