[rescue] Google Map - My Map feature

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Apr 9 20:46:43 CDT 2007

On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 08:19:30 -0400
"Ahmed Ewing" <aewing at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/6/07, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > If folks want to send me names and some geographic location, I'll add
> > them to this map. If you are uncomfortable specifying an exact street
> > address, a city and state/city and country should suffice.
> >
> Central Square, Cambridge, MA 02139... where old Sun hardware comes to LIVE!
>
> Let's see... Being situated at a major east coast seaport, a major
> international airport, and nestled neatly with Harvard and MIT 5min in
> either direction (not to mention the other dozens of
> colleges/universities in the area)... oh, and a half-hour max from
> Hanscom Air Force Base / MIT Lincoln Lab and the Teradyne
> headquarters...
>
> For nuke survival estimation purposes, I'm toast. ;-)

Well, I live in Tidewater, Virginia.  I bet we'd be a lot toastier than you
would.

Tidewater is a huge military base, with some civilian stuff scattered here
and there.

A few highlights:

	Langley Air Force Base, Strategic Air Command
	Norfolk Naval Base, NATO, SUBCOMLANT, carrier, sub, and destroyer
		units, R&D, war gaming, supply ops
	Oceana Naval Air Station
	Camp Peary, local spy base, shhhh!
	US Marine Corp, amphibious base

...and so on.  Tons of stuff.  Probably one of the highest densities
of military power and control systems in the world, maybe the highest.

Oh, and we also have Pat Robertson, but that's more likely to be a friendly
fire situation.

--
shannon