[rescue] Anyone interested in a Sun E3000?

Doug Simmons dsimmons at lib.siu.edu
Wed Nov 29 09:39:12 CST 2006

I freely admit that my expertise with Sun Microsystems equipment doesn't
live up to that of most folks on this list, but I'm really good with a
tape measure. :-) 25.5 inches, which is a little less than 15U. I had to
measure it because it's not actually in a rack, but no, it isn't on
wheels, either.

Hoping we can put this nasty E3000 rack size issue behind us now.
:-)

We have an E450 in the bottom of a rack, and I'll wager that'd be the
only way to "rack-mount" an E3000, as well.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a Sun engineer coming to fix the FC in
our V490. Sometimes you get what you pay for...

<hearty salute>
Doug Simmons