[rescue] For all the Model M keyboard fans:

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Nov 21 13:51:56 CST 2006

On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 02:41:37PM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Where do you find Model M (ish) units with USB?  Or are you using a
> converter?

http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/customizer.html

Available in both PS/2 and USB.  I have one of each; they accidentally
shipped one PS/2 when I ordered both as USB.

On the PS/2 model I use one of these Sabrent PS2-to-USB adapters:
http://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-2-Port-Splitter-Cable-Converter/dp/B0007UW0YM

Note: if you're using this with a Mac, *do not* get one of the "fancy"
expensive adapters from here:

http://www.clickykeyboards.com/index.cfm/fa/items.main/parentcat/11298/subcatid/0/id/124184

I bought one of those, and found out that every time I rebooted the Mac, I
had to unplug/replug the keyboard from the USB adapter in order to properly
re-init it and get the system to recognize it.  I switched to the
half-the-price Sabrent adapter, and it works just fine.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas