[rescue] Book rescued

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Nov 17 18:41:26 CST 2006

I got a 1954 printing of "As A Man Thinks" by Thomas J. Watson today.

I "rescue" old computer and related books, and this is my newest
addition. I found this one on ebay, though I rarely find them there. I
have to run long-term searches to get them most of the time.

Something I've discovered is that local libraries frequently sell of
"junk" books by the inch, very cheaply.

I think it is almost criminal that they do this, because the libraries
have few old books as a result, and some old books cover topics that
have never been revisited.

Still, at least you can go snag them now and then.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The strength of the Constitution lies
entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it.  Only if every