[rescue] Friend needs storage solution

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Tue May 30 06:24:01 CDT 2006

I have a friend who wants to implement some RAID5 NAS.  He's pondering
either building a Linux/BSD box, or buying a Buffalo TeraStation or
competitor thereof.  He already has a U10, just doesn't have a storage
array to hang off it, and I don't know how much Solaris-fu he has.

Anyone have any suggestions or opinions?  Cost-effectiveness is an issue.