[rescue] blue iMac and Verizon DSL

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Thu May 25 05:38:47 CDT 2006

Bill Bradford wrote:
> SBC doesn't even give you a choice - but at least the modems they send out
> now (SpeedStream 4100/5100) handle that part of it and just hand DHCP to
> whatever you plug in via Ethernet.
>
> And their "static" IPs are more like "sticky" IPs.
>
> I can't complain though, 3/512 for $18/month.

Not bad.  That's about half what we're paying Verizon for 3/768 quoted
(3.4/864 actual, last time I tested it).

On the other hand, they won't give us a static IP unless we buy business
service.  Which is more than twice the price and comes with no better
TOS.  (But at least they unblock port 80....   the gripping hand is,
another $40 a month isn't worth it for port 80 when I can proxy it
transparently through 81.)