[rescue] blue iMac and Verizon DSL

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Wed May 24 08:20:37 CDT 2006

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 11:38:23PM -0400, Steve Sandau wrote:

> Thanks. That's the info I was looking for. I don't want to get into
> setting up another machine for an aquaintance who only wants to have one
> computer connected. Sounds like a "supported operating system" is the
> simple way to do this. *sigh*

It is my opinion that setting up a $50-75 router (if purchased new.
Cheaper used, and often can be found free from people upgrade to
wireless or people upgrading to even faster wireless) is simpler than
setting up winpoet.  It is also my opinion that such a device removes
most of the need for those stupid windows firewall packages (although
the NAT doesn't block outgoing connections usually, while the windows
firewall programs usually do).

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net