[rescue] Biggest drives (and SVM) in a U60?

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Sat May 20 02:09:44 CDT 2006

On May 19, 2006, at 16:17, Peter Corlett wrote:
> Me, I'd be looking for a nice little SATA controller for my Sun
> instead...

Problem: According to the HCL, the only SATA devices supported on
SPARC are actually SAS devices, and they cost like $600. Why Sun
can't just copy the bloody driver directly over from Intel, with the
obvious caveat that booting would require Forth code on the card, is
completely beyond me.

I'm hoping that OpenSolaris will fix it (actually... I didn't even
check them; maybe they already have. Mental note: go look at
OpenSolaris)

(I've just gone looking myself, and am a little irritated)

  - Micah