[rescue] Biggest drives (and SVM) in a U60?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri May 19 07:22:01 CDT 2006

" From: abuse at cabal.org.uk (Peter Corlett)
"
" Bryan Gurney <arb_npx42 at comcast.net> wrote:
" [...]
" > So to summarize the original point of this email, is there a hard ceiling
" > for the 1998-era SCSI-based Sun machines, or can I buy at will?
"
" I don't know what upper-limit there is, but I've got a 10,000RPM 36GB disk
" in my Ultra 30 and it works fine.

afaik the only limits are dimensional and thermal.  if your new disk
is similar in size and power consumption to the original spec, it'll
be fine.