[rescue] Sun Kit Needed for EE Student Here

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue May 9 10:18:21 CDT 2006

Sat, 06 May 2006 @ 21:25 -0700, Don Y said:

> I don't know... But, I know that my PDF's look just as good on an old X
> terminal as they do on a windows machine, etc. But, that could be because
> xpdf uses t1lib to deal with the fonts... (which are embedded in my PDFs)?

Can you do sub-pixel rendering on an X Terminal?

I'm thinking no because it requires XRender support, and I'm not sure
that works remotely.

You also have to have a monitor with column ordered pixels in RGB or BGR
arrangement. This includes all LCDs but only a few CRTs like Sony Trinitrons.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The grieving lords take ship.  With these
our very souls pass overseas." -- Exile]