[rescue] Getting an Ultra 60 Elite3D to play nice with a VGA monitor

Bryan Gurney arb_npx42 at comcast.net
Mon May 8 21:51:43 CDT 2006

I just picked up an Ultra 60 with an Elite3D m3 card.  What I wanted to do was use my ViewSonic flat panel (1600 x 1200) as a display, but of course the card has a 13w3 connector.  What cables / gizmos would I need to get the Elite3D to display (or perhaps even default) at 1600x1200 with separated sync?

I think I have to hunt down a special cable or converter to get the 13W3 signal to the VGA port the right way; the current cable that I have with 13W3 on one end and HDB-15 on another doesn't seem to work right with a 13W3 output (perhaps it's meant to go from a VGA PC to a 13W3 display?).  I think the Elite3D is a nice card, but I have yet to see anything on it since I need to install Solaris (and find a disk to do it; I think I'll pilfer the 18 GB Cheetah from my idle U2 for the moment).