[rescue] Voyager

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Fri May 5 17:05:25 CDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 08:39, Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " From: Don Y <dgy at DakotaCom.Net>
> "
> "

> " Also, does the "standard" 2.6 media have everything
> " that is required for this model?  I have read
> " (someplace) that a "special" distribution was
> " created for Voyager support -- but haven't been
> " able to verify that.  If such a beast DOES exist,
> " how do I identify it?
>
> iirc there are one or two special things in the voyager dist, like a
> custom ide driver that somehow hacks the lba48 limit.  that's all i
> know though.

heh ?

Voyager uses 2.5" SCSI hard drives (like early Apple laptops did).

As far as I know, no special version of Solaris is needed.  I think
Voyager came out in the 2.5 days... so there might be a release of
2.5 that added the hw support for Voyager... (this was quite usual
for Sun to spin HW 11/93 release, HW 1/94 release, etc).  I think
2.6 and up (till whenever they dropped support for Voyager) should
have all the support on the regular OS CD.  I'm pretty sure 2.6,
and 7 works on Voyager... I don't know about 8 or 9.

-- Curt