[rescue] Sun Kit Needed for EE Student Here

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri May 5 12:07:07 CDT 2006

On Fri, 5 May 2006, Caleb Shay wrote:

> That bears a striking resemblance to my WM of choice, ratpoison
> http://www.nongnu.org/ratpoison/

The author of awm was a ratpoison user who was convinced it was too
bloated, and yet again not featureful enough.

I believe his exact quote was "Anything that takes up more than 64k
should not only play the national anthem out the loudspeaker, but also
allow you to forget that you're married, provided you've connected the
appropriate peripheral."  The sizes I listed are the sole binary and
source code in totality.  His goal is to get either the source or binary
to under 10kB.

awm, for example, -does- allow you to reposition windows (both with the
mouse and with the keyboard), overlap them, resize them, and change
their z-order.  It's a refreshingly tight piece of code that I've slowly
bloated with a couple minor features I needed.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Why is Perl hard?  Well, for a start, is has
Elgin, TX          (    no grammar.  You can't generate a parser for