[rescue] Voyager

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Fri May 5 07:39:46 CDT 2006

" From: Don Y <dgy at DakotaCom.Net>
"
" My Voyager seems to be having disk problems.
" I've tried re-format(8?)-ing (analyze, etc.)
" but to no avail.  It was my understanding that
" this would remap defective blocks (e.g. grown
" defect table?).  But, it seems like I am
" seeing the same errors in the same places
" (on the media) -- based on the error messages
" issued.
"
" Is there anything else I can try?

try joerg schilling's sformat, for which you'll also need his scsi
driver iirc.  it's better at handling bad blocks.

" Also, does the "standard" 2.6 media have everything
" that is required for this model?  I have read
" (someplace) that a "special" distribution was
" created for Voyager support -- but haven't been
" able to verify that.  If such a beast DOES exist,
" how do I identify it?

iirc there are one or two special things in the voyager dist, like a
custom ide driver that somehow hacks the lba48 limit.  that's all i
know though.