[rescue] Voyager

Don Y dgy at DakotaCom.Net
Fri May 5 06:26:18 CDT 2006

Hi,

My Voyager seems to be having disk problems.
I've tried re-format(8?)-ing (analyze, etc.)
but to no avail.  It was my understanding that
this would remap defective blocks (e.g. grown
defect table?).  But, it seems like I am
seeing the same errors in the same places
(on the media) -- based on the error messages
issued.

Is there anything else I can try?  I can
run the machine reliably using an *external*
drive -- but that takes away from the novelty
of the machine itself.

Also, does the "standard" 2.6 media have everything
that is required for this model?  I have read
(someplace) that a "special" distribution was
created for Voyager support -- but haven't been
able to verify that.  If such a beast DOES exist,
how do I identify it?

Thanks!
--don