[rescue] Sun Kit Needed for EE Student Here

Aaron Finley aaronfinley at gmail.com
Tue May 2 21:40:22 CDT 2006

> Oh noes!  I must inform our customers and management that we're
> unprofessional hobbyists because we use UltraSPARC-II equipment!  I'll
> see that all our CPUs are recalled since they weren't designed on "real
> machines".
>
> > Does he want to keep up, or does he want to be a fan boy for UNIX
> > machines which are no longer relevant?
>
> Wow.  Someone woke up on the wrong side of the list today.

According to Andrew Beckett, who was/is senior tech at Cadence for IC
solutions, the following is true:

Operation time for Cadence IC:

2.2ghz Pentium: 10 minutes
Sunfire V880: 29 minutes

Hmm.. now why would you tell an up and coming student to get involved
with a platform which is dog slow for no other reason than the 'ooh
noos PCs sucks' mentality, e.g. "teeny little CPUs" as original
posted.

-- Aaron Finley