[rescue] Sun Kit Needed for EE Student Here

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue May 2 18:33:22 CDT 2006

Tue, 02 May 2006 @ 14:52 -0500, Wesley Will said:

> Add in the possibility of running it 24/7 for low-end (personal)
> server duty (web, ftp, ssh, and so forth), the actual proven longevity
> of Sun systems, etc., yes, actually we do seem to be doing just that.

A good server PC should run 24/7 without problems. However, you won't get a
real good one on a small budget. Good PCs are expensive, and the market is
diluted with garbage that you have to pick through.

The machine's raw speed is irrelevant anyway.

If the Sun is fast enough to do the work, then it doesn't really matter how it
compares to a modern PC.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["We are all of us in the gutter, some of us
looking at the stars." -- Oscar Wilde]