[rescue] Sun Kit Needed for EE Student Here

Wesley Will wwill at siu.edu
Tue May 2 15:59:44 CDT 2006

> I show one on ebay with a single 450Mhz CPU, a gig of RAM and an 18 Gig
> HD for $199, includes a 1 year warranty.  Right below it is a suitable
> second CPU with a BIN of $28.45.

Yup, saw that one too.  E-pay it is for U60 or 450 stuff.  For a
simple old U-1, it may be that a road-trip to Salem, IL is in
order.....  I'll talk to the kid tomorrow, let him make some choices.
 (I also hope to hook him up with this list, too.  A good egg is
Nelson, he'd fit right in if you allow an extremely minor bit of slack
for translation.  This young man is a native of Nigeria; his English
is impeccable but you occasionally notice a pause for translation....)

--
www