[rescue] Supported PCI cards under Solaris/sparc (official or otherwise)

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Mon May 1 01:44:54 CDT 2006

On Apr 30, 2006, at 11:14, Phil Brutsche wrote:

> Micah R Ledbetter wrote:
>> For some reason, the only options seem to be Solaris/x86, or [BSD|
>> Linux]/sparc. Argh! I don't see why Solaris shouldn't support the
>> same devices across architectures, even if you can't boot from them
>> across architectures, which obviously requires the firmware that's
>> actually on the card to be different.
>
> Um, it's a standard MPT Fusion card, maybe these will help?
>
> http://www.lsil.com/files/support/ssp/fusionmpt/Sparc/
> solinst_50700.txt
> http://www.lsil.com/files/support/ssp/fusionmpt/Sparc/
> itmpt-5.07.00.zip

I'm confused. This says "Uses state of the art Fusion-MPT interface,
providing support for FC, SCSI, SAS, and RAID devices with a single
binary image."
I wasn't looking for FC, SCSI, SAS, or RAID :).

Well, I wouldn't mind finding a SAS card (just because it can do
SATA; not because I need SAS or have any intention of buying SAS
drives), but it would also have to be cheap. Like, less than $50 at
the most. $30 would be nicer. Hey, I'm putting it in an Ultra 5,
which will probably cost half that for the whole thing.

- Micah