[rescue] LCD monitor diagnosis

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Mon May 1 01:40:26 CDT 2006

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > How many tickets did your rocket scientist of a friend give
> > himself for that one?
>
> If the SUV owner had a habit of doing this, and he probably did, then perhaps
> the ticketing has convinced him to stop.

> In that case, the delay to remove the SUV might well have been worth it.

Then why not have him towed?  It unblocks the spaces even sooner AND
takes him even longer to get his vehicle back with much more
inconvenience because now he has to get a lift to the impound lot.
If he calls a cab, it costs him more.  If he calls a friend, he has
to explain how he was parked across *3* handicapped spots.

> At my university, there were a couple of jerks who would always park crooked,
> take up spaces, and block people in. He often would park right beside really
> close, and I wasn't sure if he did it on purpose or not.

This is why I like folding mirrors.  If someone does that next to me,
I fold their mirror in so I can get into my car and then leave it
that way.  I assume they don't notice until they get into the car
and then have to get back out to fix it at which point I hope they
realize WHY someone folded their mirror.  If not, I've inconvenienced
them for inconveniencing me.

> He finally ended up parking so close I couldn't get into my car. The windows
> were down in his vehicle, and my driver's side window was down. So, I crawled
> through his car to get into mine.

Nice!  Did you crank up his stereo, heater, wipers, etc for a nice little
surprise when he turned the key?

> I thought about hot-wiring it and driving into a nearby pond, but it was just
> a momentary fantasy.

Well, if he hasn't caused any actual damage...

-DanD

# Don't take life too seriously; you won't get out alive.
#