[rescue] (Offtopic) X-Message-Flag fun for Outlook users

Devin L. Ganger devin at thecabal.org
Sun Jul 30 16:59:52 CDT 2006

At Sunday, July 30, 2006 1:47 PM:, Phil Brutsche wrote:

> It's more likely that they have an application that won't run on
> anything newer than NT4; the last version of Exchange to run on NT4
> was 5.5.  Leaving everything at NT4 is very likely less pain than
> trying to mix an AD-style domain (for a newer Exchange) with an
> NT4-style domain (for the crappy legacy apps).

However, Exchange 5.5 runs on Windows 2000 with the proper service pack
levels, and will run against an Active Directory domain. It doesn't
utilize all of the features of AD, obviously, but it sees the domain
through the legacy interfaces.

As I mentioned in another post, the apps I was referring to were things
like connectors that rely on the Exchange 5.5 Directory Service.
Sometimes there's no reason why the program won't run on a later version
of Exchange, but the vendor never certified it and the company
can't/won't spend the money to switch to a different application.

--
Devin L. Ganger <devin at thecabal.org>
Devin on Earth: http://blogs.thecabal.org/blogs/devin/