[rescue] (Offtopic) X-Message-Flag fun for Outlook users

Devin L. Ganger devin at thecabal.org
Sat Jul 29 03:52:21 CDT 2006

A handful of the regular posters on this list have their mail clients
set to tag each outgoing message with some charming X-Message-Flag
headers in an attempt to convince Outlook users of the error of their
ways. As an Outlook user who actually knows what he's doing and has good
reasons for using this program, I normally wouldn't take offense.

However, these flags don't just show up as nice little informational
boxes on the message that I can look at and laugh; they also flag the
message for followup. Since I'm attempting to actually use some of the
nicer features of Outlook (including the Search Folders functionality),
these falsely-tagged messages are starting to become more of a nuisance.

I do not want to appear like I'm getting angry at you -- I'm not. I'm
merely hoping that I can convince you gentleman to find some other way
of tweaking the nose of Outlook users. I hope that Bill doesn't think
that my request is out of line -- I'm not trying to play moderator or
tell anyone what to do. I'm just simply hoping that I've been enough of
a contributor to this list in the past that folks would want to
accommodate what I hope is a reasonable request.

If not, fair 'nuff. No harm in asking.

Eveyrone have a great weekend!

Devin L. Ganger                    Email: deving at 3sharp.com
3Sharp LLC                         Phone: 425.882.1032 x 109
15311 NE 90th Street                Cell: 425.239.2575
Redmond, WA  98052                   Fax: 425.702.8455
(e)Mail Insecurity: http://blogs.3sharp.com/blog/deving/