[rescue] rescue my money

Don Y dgy at DakotaCom.Net
Sat Jul 29 00:50:41 CDT 2006

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
> Since there are plenty of smart ppl here, and ppl who live all around the US
> (and the world), I'm wondering if someone lives near Fort Mill, SC (or
> Indian Land, SC).
>
> I made the mistake of purchasing something from a Jeannie Arbogast in
> Fort Mill, SC (by USPS Money Order), and it didn't arrive.
>
> I've been unable to locate a phone number or even confirm an Arbogast
> lives at 1080 Hensley Rd.

Zaba has no record of a "Jeannie Arbogast" (though there are several
"Arbogast's" listed in SC, etc.)

> Any idea of other online resources to try to find contact information for
> this seller (who is now listed as no longer registered... and the
> account was only active since may with 20 positives).

No recourse through ebay?  (I assume that's where you purchased?)

> Help me rescue my money... and I'll owe someone some older Sun, SGI,
> PC, or Mac hardware that I'll have available soon as part of a cleanup...

If you used a *USPS* MO, contact the post office.  They can show you
*if* the money order was cashed -- and by whom.  You can also file
a complaint (they call this "Mail Fraud"  :> ).  It won't be a speedy
process but should get you some answers.

Please let us know what happened -- I'm sure we'll all wonder how
*we* would fare in that case...

HTH,
--don