[rescue] Bookmark management [was: O/S for 133/150mhz laptops???]

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Jul 22 10:36:21 CDT 2006

Thu, 20 Jul 2006 @ 17:19 -0600, Dan Duncan said:

> On Thu, 20 Jul 2006, velociraptor wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a tool that can assist with checking bookmarks,
> > delete dupilicates, etc.--I guess "merge" (for lack of a better term)
> > bookmark files?  I have been trying to get my book marks under control
> > from all the various and sundry computers and get them unified.
>
> And a tangent...
>
> Do any of the bookmark-merging programs let you only merge selected
> bookmarks?  I have bookmarks at work that won't work outside the
> firewall and bookmarks at home that wouldn't be appropriate for
> work.  I don't have any problem pushing all of them to whatever
> repository the extension uses but I'd like to select which folders
> to pull back.

Likewise, it also syncs things like history, which might also not be a
good idea.  It appears you can turn that off, but you might want
selective configuration of that in some cases.

In short, what you want would be nice applied to ALL of the things you
can sync.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The grieving lords take ship.  With these
our very souls pass overseas." -- Exile]