[rescue] scsi id arrangements on plextor ultraplex

Dimitar Vasilev dimitar.vassilev at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 09:40:19 CDT 2006

> You will also want to make sure that the "PRTY" jumper is in place; a
> Sun expects that.
>
> Lastly, you need to make sure the drive is in 512-byte block mode.  On
> my Pioneer drive, that means having a jumper on the "BLOCK" pins.  I
> would suspect the same is true of your Plextor, since PCs and
> Macintoshes expect the drive to be in 2048-byte block mode..
> --
> Jonathan Patschke    )   "A man who never dreams goes slowly mad."
> Elgin, TX           (      --Thomas Dolby, "Valley of the Mind's Eye"

Thanks a lot!
I'm now installing solaris express 6/06 thanks to your tips.
The device behind the keyboard made the following mistakes
didn't terminate PRTY - now it is.
To boot off cdrom via full path I had to add :f at the end to make it boot.
didn't catch that before
Will try also with block mode on - I tried first with it, but didn't add :f
at the end and the system grunted against me.
Now it's purring like a powerful cat and it's fun to watch it via usb
serial<->null-terminal cable combo.
All the best and happy weekend.

--
4X\Xbj` 2PaX[UR
Dimitar Vassilev

GnuPG key ID: 0x4B8DB525
Keyserver: pgp.mit.edu
Key fingerprint: D88A 3B92 DED5 917E 341E D62F 8C51 5FC4 4B8D B525