[rescue] O/S for 133/150mhz laptops???

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Thu Jul 20 10:46:56 CDT 2006

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 11:17:06AM -0400, Joshua Boyd wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 09:13:01AM -0600, Dan Duncan wrote:
>> On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, Jochen Kunz wrote:
>>
>>> I run Firefox 1.5 on my desktop machine (old 1 GHz dual P III
>>> PeeCee, 512 MB RAM running NetBSD) and I have to restart it every
>>> other day because it eats all RAM. 512 MB is plenty for a PeeCee
>>> running NetBSD, but Firefox makes the machine use up to 512 MB of
>>> swap.
>>
>> I have a firefox extension that lets me restart firefox from the
>> menu.  I have a firefox extension that restores all my tabs when
>> firefox starts back up.  If I had the time and knowledge I'd write an
>> extension that would activate the former either once a day or when my
>> system was idle (detect screensaver or monitor sleep?  I dunno)
>
> What are the names of these extensions.  I could really use them.

There are a few that do the tabbed saving stuff.  I used to use
"sessionsaver" but have since moved to using "Google Browser Sync" which
gives me the functionality that the old Netscape Roaming Profiles gave
me (sync bookmarks, preferences, etc between multiple computers).

There is one caled "Restart Tabbed" that will restart firefox and save
your tabs, all in one.  If you're like me and have something else
managing your tabs, you might try "Restart Firefox," but it doesn't seem
to work with the current version of Firefox.

All but the Google Browser Sync extention can be found on the
addons.mozilla.org site.

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org