[rescue] Xyplex Maxserver MX-1600 help sought

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Wed Jul 19 22:07:58 CDT 2006

On Wednesday 19 July 2006 22:55, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a Maxserver, 16port, MX-1600-002.  I have been able to download
> what I believe to be the proper firmware, mx1500.sys, from the MRV site.
>
> I am able to get into the machine on the console port, but after I do a
> series of "define" commands, am still not able to get it to do anything
> useful, like serve me a port 2 connection by going to telnet, port 2200.
>
> Does anyone here have experience with these? I like the Maxserver,
> because it is only 1U and I would like to conserve the space.  If space
> was not a limiting factor I would use the big old Portmaster I have.

Yeah.  "Define" commands only change the config, you need to do save the
config back to the server, or use "set" commands to change things
immediately.  You might try resetting the server too, after the define
commands ("initialize delay 0").

I've got a bunch of manuals in PDF form, lemme know off-list if you want them.

Pat