[rescue] Xyplex Maxserver MX-1600 help sought

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Wed Jul 19 21:55:58 CDT 2006

Hi

I have a Maxserver, 16port, MX-1600-002.  I have been able to download
what I believe to be the proper firmware, mx1500.sys, from the MRV site.

I am able to get into the machine on the console port, but after I do a
series of "define" commands, am still not able to get it to do anything
useful, like serve me a port 2 connection by going to telnet, port 2200.

Does anyone here have experience with these? I like the Maxserver,
because it is only 1U and I would like to conserve the space.  If space
was not a limiting factor I would use the big old Portmaster I have.

--Patrick