[rescue] How to move an IBM SP using a minivan..

Janet Campbell janet at foonly.com
Wed Jul 19 15:40:43 CDT 2006

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, Carl R. Friend wrote:

>   This is also the same way I moved my complete Nova 840 system
> (two 6'4" racks + disks + doco) from where I acquired it to my
> grandparents' place (where it resided until I moved it to RCS/RI
> in Providence); it moved easier in my minivan than in the box truck
> I rented when it became apparent that I had to "rescue" it again.

Totally off track, but I have to say that I was constantly amazed at some
of the things I was able to fit into my old Chrysler convertible, with the
top down.  I'd pulled out the rear seat and added a couple hooks for
tiedown purposes, and it was like having a tiny pickup bed.

One haul that stands out wasn't the biggest...it was a 13' tall Christmas
tree, netted up, sticking out at a 45 degree angle.  Driving that home
with a scarf and earmuffs on got some great looks.

-J