[rescue] How to move an IBM SP using a minivan..

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Wed Jul 19 14:46:19 CDT 2006

On Jul 19, 2006, at 1:49 AM, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> I fit the actual rack in my car.
>
> Peace...  Sridhar

No offense Sridhar, but...

I've got a 6000 in my garage now.  I call bullshit.  Not only is the
thing nearly 30" square in a aerial view profile, it's about 800 lbs
all by itself.  Knowing what it took to haul both it and my AS/400
620, there's simply no way you got that in a non-hatchback sedan.  No
safe way that is.  To add the other machines at the same time?...
no... sorry I don't believe you.

Right now my biggest struggle is figuring out how to take enough of
it apart to get it up and down a flight of stairs because it won't go
through the doorway in my basement.

Andrew