[rescue] O/S for 133/150mhz laptops???

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Thu Jul 13 15:24:33 CDT 2006

On Jul 13, 2006, at 4:16 PM, stephen price wrote:

>> Try locking down DOS based Windows.
>
> Are you implying that you are still supporting Windows
> 3.1 & WFW????????? <grin>
>
> regards
> steve

No .. :-)

I'm implying that I'd never install Windows 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 95, 98, or
ME on anything ever again no matter how old.

I'd go Linux, Xenix, NT 3.x, 4.x, *BSD, OS/2, etc. before any of the
above travesties on ancient hardware.

I guess I'm also assuming that said box will touch a public network
even if behind a firewall.  I have in the past done a DOS 6.22 box
behind a firewall running no services, but even then I think Linux +
DOSEMU would be safer these days if DOSEMU has finally caught up.
That box was for special purposes anyhow (running old DOS 4GW games
that had stiff system requirements)

Andrew